
Ohhh those beautiful smooth cook tops! They make the kitchen look so nice and the stove is so easy to clean. Just one surface, no tiny crevices filled with old nasty food to worry about. Just one clean sweep of the sponge and wallah! It is clean!
*BIG SIGH*
If only it were that simple.
In a way it is easier to clean because there is only one surface to worry about. However that one surface seems to cause more problems than many people can even imagine haha. Burnt on deposits and stains make it a nightmare to try and clean each day. Even though white stove tops look beautiful, unfortunately they are nearly impossible to keep clean. I can't tell you how many times I have cooked dinner and miraculously without spilling a thing, there were burnt on deposits all over the stove. It happens 9 out of 10 uses of the stove.
Here are some cleaning tips for these type of cooktops:
1) Each time after you cook, wait for the cook top to cool, then use a non-abrasive scrubber, baking soda and water to clean what you can. Just pour some water onto the bad spots then pour baking soda on top of that, wait about 10 minutes and scrub off. That will ususally help get all of the burnt on deposits off, but not all the time.
2) If the burnt on stuff won't come off with a sponge, use a razor or a spoon, but make sure not to scratch the surface. That will only work for the stuff that is burnt on though, not the stains.

3) Use the cleaner called,"Cook Top: Cleaning Creame for Smooth Top Ranges" - it is the ONLY cook top cleaner that works. I have tried baking soda & vinegar, Easy Off, and Cook Top Magic. None of them removed the stains at all. We just discovered this cleaner Cook Top Cleaning Creame this week. The people at MayTag recommended it and it actually worked! They also said that sugar is the one thing that will not come off of the stove top. Luckily I have not needed to use sugar on my stove top but now I know to stay away from it and if I do need to use sugar, I'll be careful not to get any on the stove.
Our particular brand is the Frigidaire Electrolux - The Gallery Series, and it has a white smooth cook top. I would not recommend this particular one because:
1) The cooktop is very difficult to clean.
2) The handle and entire front cover of the oven falls off.
Right now we are in the process of replacing the handle to the oven (so we can't use our oven at all until it is replaced). It stinks because we have friends coming over tomorrow and our oven is taped up with duct tape - which won't stay put - so it's really just hanging there with a chair in front of it keeping it shut. Ohh well. I hope someone somewhere is able to benefit from this post!


0 comments:
Post a Comment